Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Oh, New Year, I'm already so into you...



*P2tog, slip stitch back to left needle*

It was 2010 when Quince & co. release their new linen, Sparrow - which was available in one shade only.  Sans.
I immediately ordered a few skeins to make a little capelet which was called Diamond Willow.  The pattern was for one size only.





With this New Year, I am continuing to reformat, redo and expand the sizes of my favorite patterns of the past.




I chose Carpino, the new cashmere blend from Malabrigo
to update the pattern.  In Frank Ochre.
The yarn is wonderful in the skein and even better when knit. I've worn this little layer over my shoulders continually since it's completion.  Alone.  Under a jacket and even now propped against pillows while writing.
While I knit I listened to a new-to-me podcast, Cultivating Place
There was an interview with Marta McDowell,
author of Emily Dickinson's Gardening Life.  Marta mentioned Emily's Herbarium,
also new-to-me. I frequently press fowers, notes, and leaves into, well, everything. Many a book has a random ancient crumble or envelope with something that was precious enough to pinch off and save.  I'm surrounded by cones and acorns, seashells and other detritus.  
I love to garden vicariously, through podcasts
and walks: while my own garden is a small summer bed of beloved zinnias and a few sunflowers.
For more inspiration, I recommend the contemporary Modern Pressed Flower
whom I have recently begun to follow on IG
Her single hydrangea blooms are like the quatrefoil eyelets I've recently knit.





Write it in your heart
that every day is the
best day in the year.

— Ralph Waldo Emerson


No comments:

Post a Comment