Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Mac, The Livestock Conservancy, and the Mac Cowl Pattern


Meeting Mac was a bit of magic.  
Over a year ago, I introduced myself to Alice O'Reilly, a lover of wool 
and sourcer of rare breed fibers. wanted to let her know what a pleasure it had been to use her luscious CVM/Silk that Mason Dixon Knitting had offered.
We were able to spend quite a while talking. 

She shared a wee snip of her new fiber find, Santa Cruz, which may have been the sproingiest and most incredible fiber I'd yet handled.  
I was smitten.
I shared the yarn bit and the story with my beloved Rhinebeck family...longer story shortened,
we found this little guy in the sheep barn.



Jenn fell in love with this 6-month-old Santa Cruz Ram Lam and he is now part of her flock.


Amanda with Mac at his first dinner party.

I thought about Mac in his new life, and one lovely day a parcel arrived from Alice.


Delicious.  
Fingering weight Santa Cruz.
The yarn eventually became 


Thank you to Gale Zucker for the beautiful cover shot!


 I used a DK weight Prado de Lana CVM, which is another rare breed,
for the Short Mac Cowl. 


Mac Stitch

The pattern is available on Ravelry, and proceeds from the sales will go to 
This world is full of worthy causes, I know.  
I do hope that this story speaks to you as much as it did me.


Things that I'm happy to have clicked on: 
This tale of three fruits, then and now.
And this, especially the Hawthorn leaves.














I am thankful for you all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment