Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2016

Time Just Flies.

I'm looking through what I've done this year as we pack up to leave this little sublet.
One new thing has been some simple sewing.
I chose the Esme Tunic from Lotta Jansdotter's Everyday Style, as a first top :


When the bobbin mysteriously changes to a new color.


The top went together so smoothly and easily.  
I've added side vests at the hem.
And used some of the yards of bias binding that I cut way too much of.  

Since I planned to Indigo dye it, I thought it would be a perfect match.


It was.  I did some hand sewn finishing -


And now have a new favorite top.


  I also revived one of my very favorite washcloths in the vat,
 this is a mini of the Peeko pattern.


One good tunic deserved another, here I've repositioned the dart from 
-a bit too high on the side- 
to the shoulder, which is better for my shape.


Another project has been a few jersey skirts.  The pattern is from 
Here I'm using some cast off extra large tees for the fabric.

I highly recommend both books (all of the Alabama Studio books, in fact).
Add a little stitching to your life.  


As always, my Instagram account is a nearly daily mini blog of what 
inspires and delights me, follow along! 

No comments:

Post a Comment