Search This Blog

Saturday, January 11, 2014

All Happiness.



I am in love.  


Late last year I discovered Colorshiftyarn.
Erica dyes the most amazing bridges of color, shown above in Olive to Tea Rose, 100%merino.



Shown here, in Leaf to Taupe, Ricochet in progress.


 As I was arranging the colors for yet another Ricochet, I remembered seeing double color balls and thought it might be a good way to avoid some of the tangles while alternating colors.  I think it's a great solution.  Here, I'm working from the center color, so the ball is set with that end up.  When I go back to the outer color, I flip it over so that the center thread is down.  The second set of colors is wound and ready to go.

Ricochet will be published soon.  There are several test knitters working in a huge variety of weights and colors.  I am so excited about this versatile and fun little wrap.  I wear Haley's version made with leftover sock yarn almost all the time.




When Quince & Co. released their new color ways, 
I knew that Fjord was made just for me.
With deadline knitting etc, I knew that a small project was all I could squeeze in, so I bought just 2 skeins in Lark and revisited an old idea with great result.  
These have been worn quite a bit during the Polar Vortex.


There has also been some updating and reviving some old work.  
If you bought a paper copy of the worsted weight Saki Slippers, please email me for the updated layout.  The pattern is unchanged, but the new layout is smoother. 
If you bought the PDF, you should have received the update at the end of December.

Here are my Over the River Mitts, a years old pattern.
I will be knitting quite a few more of these with 
partial skeins of worsted that I seem to have so very many of.  

Please use the code 
for a complimentary copy of this pattern, as a thank you for following me along.
Do add them to your favorites, and post your projects on Ravelry, if you would. 

May 2014 be a year of wonderful things.  
From me, to you.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your beautiful pattern! All happiness in 2014 for you too xx

    ReplyDelete